Sunday, February 26, 2012

Done

It was as painless as one could hope for. An easy flight from Luang Prabang, Laos, to Bangkok. I had to check my bag for the small plane, something I never do. The smiling Lao folks asked me if I wished to check it all the way to Seattle. Bag free for three transfers? Not have to pass customs at Bangkok? OK, I'll risk it.

Real chocolate in Bangkok. Expensive tea. An easy connection onto Eva Air and on to Taipei.

I drew a great seat mate, an American returning from two plus years in Cambodia. We blabbed all the way to Taipei and right up to our respective gates. Easey-peasy. Four hours is nothing.

A quick transfer onto the long flight, Taipei to Seattle. Eleven hours. So, eat the meal, pop an Ambien, sleep for six hours, wake up, eat the food, land. That's it.

Now, I am back on the freezing waters of Puget Sound instead of the warm chocolate of the Nam Ou. Literally on the Sound, as I take the ferry from Seattle towards the Fortress.

It is going to be a frosty walk home from the ferry dock to the homestead formerly known as the Fortress of Solitude.

Full circle. I walked to the ferry outbound. It seems only fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment